Time is running faster than I expected and am just trying to catch up with it. I still can’t believe it’s the fourth month of the year already, it was just like yesterday I screamed happy new year.
I had several plans for each month but it didn’t all work out the way I planned, yet I didn’t just sit waiting for miracles to happen, rather, I put in effort and explored things I had no idea I could even be great at.
So what? You didn’t start at the beginning of the year like you hoped, you didn’t get that money to open up the business or the opportunity didn’t come through yet.
Don’t just lie there on your bed or sit on the couch or keep the TV on the whole day DOING NOTHING, wallowing in pain, regrets or tears, that will just make you the FOOL, why not be the GENIUS from April onward?
Well ya, I understand, you think it might be too late, the clock is not waiting for you, friends have moved on and left you behind blah, blah, blah. Good news, It’s not too late to begin.
HOW TO BE A GENIUS FROM APRIL ONWARD with my favorite quotes included.
1. Plan yourself: Organise your thoughts and put them down. ENVISION GREATNESS and begin your plan toward it. “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” George S. Patton.
2. Get started: Don’t wait for that big cheque, start small and expand, whatever it might be or even learn a new thing. “If you have a dream, you can spend a lifetime studying, planning, and getting ready for it. What you should be doing is getting started.” Drew Houston
3.Create an opportunity: Don’t wait for opening to come to you, make one or create one yourself. Be creative and think outside of the box. Create the possibility from impossibility and don’t miss opportunities, jump on them. “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them”. Orison Swett Marden.
4. Dedicate effort: Not trying at all = stagnation, all effort you put will generate something, if not money, experience. “This is a learning in the business life that first of all you need to have commitment, dedication and passion for what you are doing.” Lakshmi Mittal.
5. Listen to the experienced: In whatever you are trying to do, someone might have done it before, research it and make use of their experience to get what you want. You don’t know it all. “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Albert Einstein.
6. Be a problem solver: Those things people around you think has no solution, solve them. For questions, get an answer. Meet their needs and help. “Creating something is all about problem-solving.” Philip Seymour Hoffman.
7. Trust your instincts: Always go with your guts and believe in yourself, you can do it. “There are seasons in life. Don’t ever let anyone try to deny you the joy of one season because they believe you should stay in another season… Listen to yourself. Trust your instincts. Keep your perspective.” Jane Clayso.
8. Be confident: Don’t be intimidated by those around or above you, they started somewhere too before they got to the top. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” Norman Vincent Peale.
9. Prayer is key: Commit all plans of yours in God’s hand, He will surely direct your ways. “Prayer is man’s greatest power!” W. Clement Stone.
10. Manage your time well: invest your time but be wise about it, know that every second counts. “If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.” Bruce Lee.
11. Don’t give up yet: looking back or quitting is not an option so don’t do it. Be patient and wait for the unfolding of your hard work. Always see the bigger picture when you feel like you don’t want to proceed anymore. “Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.” Marta.
Which are you going to be? APRIL FOOL OR GENIUS? Take control of your life again.
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” -Michael Altshuler
It’s 1st of April, Happy New Month to you all!!