A life filled with happiness is a life worth living. I don’t have it all but am contented with what I have for now.
My happiness is not derived from things I would like to possess or what I possess already but from within.
Why are many of us so unhappy because we haven’t attained that big height yet? Rome wasn’t built in a day my dears.
We’re far better off than some people out there, yet complain and mumble is the order of our day.
We rejoice for a while about that accomplishment, and soon forget the joyous feeling that came with it when our eyes are fixed on the next dream. This even sometimes makes some of us stumble because we feel like we haven’t accomplished anything before.
I will share with you why some people i know are not happy:
- If I get the internship and am able to travel for my residency, then I will be happy. Hmm, why are you not happy you are a doctor now? No answer.
- One day I will open my own well known hospital then only will I be happy.. why are you not happy today? Do you have to wait for one day? No answer still.
- Oh, you won’t understand, if only I could get that car, I would be happy. Wow, why are you not happy with the one you are driving now? No answer to that also.
- If only there was a better house I could live in with everything I ever wanted, then I will be happy. Why are you not glad you have a roof over your head? No answer to that either.
All lies, when you get that house or the job or the popularity, you will soon become unhappy again because now, you want something else.
Human beings are never satisfied. You think that thing you are chasing after now will give you happiness, wait until you get it, you will realize there is another thing waiting on the list already.
Apostle paul in Philippians 4vs11
“I am not saying this because I am in any need, for I have learned to be content in whatever situation I am in.”
Don’t make a stressful event make you realise how grateful you should be.You might not have the whole world but be contented with the little community you have, it will open the door of your inner happiness.
1. Life; am privileged to be among the living.
2. Shelter; I have a roof over my head, a place I call home.
3. Family; they are wonderful, i really miss them.
4. Guitar; not perfect while playing but it brings me to a place of perfection.
5. Writing; it’s new and it makes me happy.
6. Church; am jusr happy each moment it’s time to go to the house of the Lord.
7. Bed; it takes me to dream land.
8. Health; I am not on the hospital bed right now.
9. Friends; oh, i have got amazing ones, they always got my back.
10. Career; it’s a work in progress, I have gone this far, I have reached this point.
Post it on your bathroom mirror, fridge or door and let it remind you each time of the power of contentment you possess. Be happy!!
How About you?
Have a fabulous week 🙌 ahead.
First Pic credit. Eloho Branch 💘